Sigma Research takes special care of the personal information you give us when you take part in our research. We make sure that your personal information is:
• Only used for the research project you agreed to take part in.
• Held securely, so that other people can’t see it.
• Safely destroyed after the project is finished.
• Never passed on to anyone else.
Once you have read this, and you choose to participate in our research, you are consenting for Sigma Research to use your information in the ways described here.
Data Protection Act (1998)
Our work is covered by the Data Protection Act (1998) which states that all personal and sensitive information will be:
1. used in a way that is fair and lawful
2. used for limited purposes
3. adequate, relevant and not excessive
5. not kept longer than necessary
6. used in accordance with the data subject's rights
8. not transferred to countries without adequate protection
You can find out more about this law from the Information Commissioner’s Office
Sigma Research is part of the Department of Social & Environmental Health Research at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.